How to Install & Use Smart IPTV on Firestick / Android devices
In this easy to read guide, I will show you how to install and how to use Smart IPTV on your Firestick or Android device (mobile, TV box and smart Android TV). Read on to find out how to access all of your favourite IPTV playlists from IPTVPoint and others in one simple to use app!
What is Smart IPTV and why would I want to install it on my Firestick or Android device?
Smart IPTV is a service that allows users to access all of their IPTV subscriptions, like the ones IPTVPoint provide, in one place. It doesn’t provide channels, it acts very much like a TV guide, giving you a list of your subscriptions and allowing you to choose which channel to watch without having to install and switch between several different apps.
Simply put, it’s designed to make using all those IPTV subscriptions a lot easier!
All you need to do is pay a one time fee of €5.49 (which is about $6.08 or £4.68), install the app and then import the channel playlists from your chosen IPTV subscriptions using one of the following methods:
- EPG URL;
- M3U URL;
- Local storage such as your computer hard drive or a flash drive.
Smart IPTV can be used free of charge for 7 days, as a trial. After that, you will need to pay and activate your subscription using the MAC address.
Preparing to install Smart IPTV on your Firestick
We are going to need to use an app called Downloader to install Smart IPTV on your Firestick. To do this, we need to tell the Firestick to allow apps to be installed from unknown sources. Here’s how it’s done:
Make sure you are on the homepage to begin with.
- Click the “Settings” option at the top of the homepage.
- Click the “My Fire TV” option.
- Click “Developer options” on the menu that appears.
- Click “Apps from Unknown Sources”. (Skip to “Installing the Smart IPTV app on your Firestick” section below if the option is set to ON.)
- Click “Turn On” in the window that pops up next. (There will be a message about the safety of unknown apps, Smart IPTV is perfectly safe so there’s no need to panic!)
Now that’s done, return to the homepage and move on to the next section in which I show you how to install Smart IPTV onto your Firestick.
Installing the Smart IPTV app on your Firestick
I’ve shown you how to set up your Firestick to allow you to install Smart IPTV, now let’s get on and install it! First of all, you’ll need to install the app I mentioned earlier, Downloader.
- On the homepage, open the search window by clicking on the magnifying glass in the top left corner of the page.
- Next, search for “Downloader” and install it by following the instructions given on the screen. This app will allow us to install Smart IPTV. Like Smart IPTV, it is safe to use.
Now you can continue to install Smart IPTV to your Firestick!
- Return to the homepage and open the Downloader app.
Some windows will pop up, just dismiss these until you see the URL entry box page.
- Click the box where it says “http://” and type https://www.iptvpoint.com/q/smart. Click OK.
- Wait for the Smart IPTV APK file to download to the Firestick. Once downloaded the app will run automatically.
- Click install, this won’t take long. You’ll see a new window once it has finished that says “App installed”.
- Once the app is installed, in the windows that follow, click “Done”, “Delete” and “Delete” again as you don’t need to keep the APK file on the Firestick once installed.
Now Smart IPTV is installed on your Firestick and is ready for you to import and use your chosen IPTV playlists. Not sure how to do that? Not to worry, read the following section “How to use Smart IPTV on your Firestick” to find out how!
How to open Smart IPTV on your Firestick
Skip to the “How to use Smart IPTV on your Firestick” section of this guide if you already know how to open apps.
- The easiest way is to hold down the home (house icon) button on the Firestick remote for a few seconds and then select “Apps”. From this window click the Smart IPTV app and it will open.
- You can also go to the homepage and click “See All” under the heading “Your Apps & Channels” and then select the Smart IPTV app from there.
Want to add Smart IPTV to the homepage to make it quicker to access? Make sure it isn’t already and if not then do this:
Select the Smart IPTV app, press the menu button on your remote (three lines), click “Move” and drop it into either the first or second row in the menu. Now it can be seen on the homepage!
How to use Smart IPTV on your Firestick
First, open the app (see the section above if you’re not sure how to do it). A window will appear that shows the controls and the MAC address.
You can activate the 7 day free trial using the MAC address at my.siptv.app. Do this from a computer or mobile device. I would not recommend using a web browser on the Firestick itself, as they are cumbersome and not well optimised. Plus, using a keyboard is far quicker!
You will need to activate the Smart IPTV service by going to siptv.app/activation/ before the trial ends to ensure continuous service.
Remember, the fee is charged once for a lifetime of use! If you do not activate before the 7 days are up, you will need to add your playlists again. Use the same MAC address when activating Smart IPTV if you want your playlists to transfer over from your trial.
Now I’ll show you how to upload your playlists to Smart IPTV and start viewing on your Firestick!
- Go to https://siptv.app/mylist/ on a computer or mobile device.
- Enter the MAC address shown in the Smart IPTV app on your Firestick.
- Choose a playlist file from local storage to upload, OR enter either an M3U or TXT URL or an EPG URL. An M3U / TXT / EPG URL can be obtained from your IPTV subscription provider.
Of course, the whole point of Smart IPTV is that you can add multiple playlists from different providers, so feel free to keep adding them at this stage.
- Once you’ve uploaded them, open the Smart IPTV app on your Firestick and voila! Your playlists from IPTVPoint and other providers are now ready to use and enjoy.
How to install Smart IPTV on your Android device (mobile, Android TV box and Android Smart TV)
The process of installing Smart IPTV on your Android device is super simple because the app is counted as official on the Google Play Store so there is no need to change any settings on your Android device. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search for Smart IPTV.
- Install the app by tapping the install button.
- There you have it! The app will be installed and ready to use.
Smart IPTV works the same way on all devices, so simply follow the Firestick portion of this guide to see how to set it up and start watching all your favourite TV channels from your IPTV subscription playlists including IPTVPoint.
Important things to remember about Smart IPTV for your Firestick or Android device
- Smart IPTV costs €5.49 / $6.08 / £4.68 and this fee is paid once to have the service forever. Not a lot of money for an app that really simplifies the way you access and use your IPTV playlists!
- It is easier to install on Android devices, but Firestick install isn’t difficult either, it just requires a few more steps as the app isn’t officially supported by Amazon.
- You can access multiple playlists from multiple IPTV providers, (including IPTVPoint) using this app, meaning you don’t need to keep switching between apps or even devices.
- Remember, because Smart IPTV is not an IPTV provider it does not host or provide channels. You must have an IPTV subscription in order to use it.
So there we have it! By now you should have a complete understanding of how Smart IPTV is installed on Firestick and Android devices, as well as how to use it and make the most of your IPTV subscriptions all in one easy to use app!
Please note that prices in USD and GBP are quoted at the current exchange rate and subject to change.